This is a very simple setup and uses the Pixel Showcase Widget (a modified version of WP’s own text widget).
- Prepare your image with a preferred width of 960px. Your height is up to you but I recommend you keep it around 200px in height for visual appearance.
- Upload your image to your Media Library and copy the image path
- In your admin, go to Appearance >> Widgets >> drag a Showcase Widget into the Showcase widget panel
- You will see several fields to fill in, but only do the Title for the admin side only, Image Path, and the ALT description for your image:
- If you are using the Widget Logic plugin to manage where widgets are seen, add the WordPress Conditional tag into the Widget Logic field
- Click Save