If you use Google Analytics, adding your code is done without you having to open up core files.
- Go to Extensions >> Template Manager >> Visionary
- Scroll down until you find the Miscellaneous Settings for Google Analytics:
- Paste your Google Analytics code into the field
- Click SAVE
If all goes well, you should see your code in your web page by viewing the “source code” from the browser. You will find it at the bottom just before the closing </body> tag.
Make sure you follow up with your Google stats to see if it’s registering. If for some reason it’s not working, you might have to code it in the template directory.
- Open the template’s index file: templates/visionary/index.php
- Go to the bottom of the file, and just before the closing </body> tag, you will see the funny looking <?php line of code. You will be replacing this with your actual Google code you got from Google:
<?php echo $google;?>
- Click Save and re-upload your file if you downloaded it to make the changes.
IMPORTANT: Always make a full backup of the template before you perform any custom changes.